Women’s Leadership Council (WLC)
The Women’s Leadership Council of Temple Israel reaches out spiritually and intellectually to embrace the virtues of Sisterhood while seeking to benefit its members and the Temple community.
What do we do?
For the Congregation we . . .
- Present gifts at each B’nai Mitzvah, Brit, & Babynaming.
- Personally deliver wine & Challah to all new Temple Israel members for the High Holy Days.
- Build an exquisite annual Sukkah.
- Support the Prayerbook Fund, as a source for WLC honorary donations throughout the year.
- Prepare Challahs for ShabbatLIVE services.
- Volunteer for the annual ECLC Benefits and Purim Carnival
For Education we . . .
- Are committed to the annual WLC donation to the Temple Israel Religious School Scholarship Fund.
- Rosh Hodesh breakfasts.
- Annual WLC Shabbat Services.
- We host popular bi-annual "Food for Thought" holiday cooking classes.
- Sponsor docent-led tours of museums and other interesting venues.
- Share in inspirational discussions at our WLC Book Club meetings.
For the Community we . . .
- Support the noteworthy causes of Temple Israel’s Social Action Committee.
- We partner with the Social Action Committee to spearhead "Team Temple Israel NYC" in participation with the annual "Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure".
- *We are active participants in "Mitzvah Day"
What else do we do?
We have a great time together! Instead of boring meetings we have WLC Ladies Nights Out! We host a wonderful Mother's Day Tea! Mah Jongg Nights, Film Festivals and creative and different events all the time! Join us today as a new member to the WLC!
Renewing membership fees:
- $50 WLC core membership.
- $100 WLC sponsor membership.
For information please contact admin to tinyc period org.